Hearing myself out

on October 27, 2011

Hear that eerie sound in the middle of the deathly silence?
That's me gnashing my teeth!
At what is... and what could have been.

What should I be regretful for...
For it all fell apart or, for it was a castle in the sand.
Or for the fact that I've got better at putting up a face!

They say resilience is the stuff the strong and brave are made of...
I say to them, they have never been resilient enough!
Resilience is what the meek prefer, without a voice or a backbone.
The ones, who have been strong for too long, just break down. 

 Someday I'll say it all too loud...
So what if it will be too late!
And so what if there will be no one around! 
I know I'll still hear myself out...
…Gnashing my teeth in the middle of the deathly silence.

Pretty average stuff, this. But at least I'm back. Can only go up from here.
And though the post belies this, I wish you all a very Happy Diwali!

3 comments:

sumantra said...

Nice one Abhishek..way to go man!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back here!!

Abhishek Chopra said...

@Sumantra - Thanks man!
@Swati - :) Back for good.