Of stars and mice, journeys and beliefs

on August 01, 2009

Into the distance, I look at that star
Its luminous, beautiful and yes it's too far
I look at it and wonder
Am I on par?

The star looked to be in my reach
God saw this and He decided to preach
As he began, I lost my speech
My journey had come under siege

As always, I accepted my fate
Was I early? Wasn't I too late?
I feel like a mouse who took a bite at the bait
I should have known, no one around is my mate

But He also taught me belief
And yes, it alone can carry you through times of grief
I know my life is uneventful and brief
Doesn't it make sense to follow the Chief?

May the star's charm increase manifold
May its silver-ish streak turn to gold
May He blesses it and give it warmth in cold
May it know that I did exist once!!

This doesn't have any literary quality but still, I somehow like it. Composed it in my head inside the helmet while on my way to a class. The last line has been intentionally left out of the rhyming scheme to show the disconnect.

Please comment and let me know what you think of it.

15 comments:

sweetanujap said...

awesome!! thr comes a time in all ur lives when we all feel d same way..

Dazediva said...

very nicely written and quite thought provoking ...

Isha said...

really nicely written :)

Anonymous said...

I'll post a comment when I get back my words.
Speechless.

Navi said...

You know what, I feel like taking my roommate's bike right now-1 am in the morning-night, and go on a long drive, all alone. May be then I would be able to feel what these words actually mean. Not mean, what these words actually are!

Different from your league. Nice to see you are expanding your horizon. :) KeeepItUP

Abhishek Chopra said...

@anuja - It sure does.

@Dazediva - thanks for the kind comment. Keep visiting. Do check why I can't comment on your blog, I so want to.

@Isha - Thank you :)

@Neha - This will do and it will do very well. :)

Anonymous said...

blogrolled u !

Rags said...

well written indeed!

KD said...

really awesome!

Vishal Vasudeva said...

what should i say about this dude..
it's simply awesome whenever i think it is your best you always come up with more beautiful thing :)

Hats off to you..
u r sansui (Better than the Best )

leo30 said...

coming from your heart. random.. yet trying hard to put in words.... nice reading..!! :-)

Anonymous said...

dum dee da da

Haresh said...

Nicely written! At least better than my first and only poem :P

Keep writing!

By the way, it's high time you update your blog ;-)

Mukul said...

hey dude..just passing through....nice composition

Anonymous said...

nice poem yaar
and u are from ujjain
great chalo koi to hain jo blog karta hain ujjain se

check my blog
http://iamhereonlyforu.blogspot.com/