Computer Networks Test...

on March 18, 2008

Today, I attended college right from 10.30 am to 5.00 pm, like an accha baccha....like an asli engineer. So, I'm going to write about today's test so that my worldwide readers (if there are any....work up some magic, FEEDJIT!!!) get a sneek-peek at my Pyaara college, GECU.

The subject was Computer Networks, taught by my favourite teacher in college, by some distance. The test was from 3 pm...was feeling very sleepy before it, so went to the electrical department and washed my face with the coolest water in the college, for the umpteenth time......the heat is really getting to me with every passing day.

My classmates had decided to give the test in room F9 where the benches and desks are quite close to each other...so that rampant cheating can take place. But, the Prof had other tricks up his sleeve...He went to F10 - the engineering graphics class, which was soul-less, literally and promptly ordered us to sit in that class...he was standing just outside the class as we entered inside in a military-like line, wishing a good afternoon for him...and for us too. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

See, the students here are highly adaptable to any situation, as they mention it in their resumes. In this case, the situation was the change in seating arrangement, to which they adapted like newborn turtles adapt to water. Here was the time when having more pockets in your college bag turned out to be life-saving, or rather marks-earning strategy. Kudos to the guys who publish Shivani, this little gem of a book is so compact that it can get in anywhere -

  1. in the pocket for waterbottle : all rolled up
  2. in the pocket of your pants : just that its location can be clearly found out by....no, not a GPS, but by the bulge in your otherwise mal-fed thigh
  3. in the drawer of the monstrous, slanting ED table (I never liked them!!) : but that is the place being used since 10000 BC (yes, that's true!!) and so all Profs have one eye fixated there, somewhat like MadEye Moody (our Profs are Aurors in their own little ways!!)
  4. etc etc etc...
So, the test started...one 5 mark question and five 3 mark questions....all from Unit1....was unit1 really that big??...I asked myself.....but, did my opinion matter now?.....It was the time of reckoning, the make-or-break time....(see how I glorify a harmless, 20 marks test!!)

Let me tell you the questions

  1. Distinguish between data and signal??
  2. Distinguish between bit rate and bit interval??
  3. Define a periodic signal??
  4. Mention steps in Data communication by circuit switching??
  5. Mention basic differences between datagram approach and virtual circuit approach to packet switching?
  6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of circuit switching?
Well, to cut a long story short, I finished the test quickly and was satisfied by my performance.

p.s. - Got "Parallel Processing and Distributed Computing" tomorrow. Wish me luck!!
BYE

0 comments: